The main areas in which Andy works are as follows. Click the links to see more about specific recent translation and interpreting projects.
COMPUTING & LOCALIZATION
Andy is a computer enthusiast (with a good command of PHP and MySQL for web development) and specialises in localization work. This may involve:
- Operation manuals; programming specifications; Help files; user interface files; Readme files; hardware manuals and documentation; networking and telecommunications material; localization of graphics files into English
COMMERCIAL & BUSINESS
Andy has been working with Japanese businesses for over 10 years, including several years working in marketing for Sony. The following are typical of the work he undertakes:
- Localization of commercial websites; contracts; business correspondence; reports; sales material; HR documents; strategic documents
Andy has translated material for a number of financial institutions.
- Annual reports; company and market analyses; accounts; newspaper and trade articles
Andy has worked as a translator on several major game titles.
- In-game text; user manuals; localization of names of characters, abilities, weapons etc.; hardware specifications
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
Andy has translated material for the UK and Japanese governments and a number of international bodies.
- Government press releases; white papers; reports by economic bodies and government institutions; speeches by politicians, academics etc.
Besides working with Sony, Andy's experience includes a year contracted to a UK engineering company as an in-house interpreter and translator.
- Quality control; process control; mechanical engineering drawings and specifications